Friday, November 20, 2009

Introduction to Becca

I have been wanting to blog for awhile but just never have. For one thing who would even be interested in reading a blog about things that go on here in Berrycattown. Twelve cats reside here and two "wild" cats live in the woods, separately of course. The oldest cat, Becca, actually Habakkuk, was born in April, 1997, which makes him 12 years old. He looks like a Himalayan with blue eyes and the taupe and cream colors, but I don't think he is. (A friend of mine found him on the side of the road and brought him to me because I had just lost my Roma via being run over by an unknown driver.) I was crushed because Roma was the first cat that had ever "kissed" me by licking my face. Plus she slept with me and was my baby. So when Becca arrived, he was a small white snowball, maybe eight weeks old???  I thought he was a girl and had originally named him Rebecca after the biblical girl that married Isaac, Abraham's son. After he grew where I could see he was a boy, I realized that I had to find a biblical name that would give me the freedom to still call him Becca, so Habakkuk he became.



This Becca at about 5 months of age. I did not take alot of pictures at that time. Below he is in the flower patch. Isn't he adorable???




Becca, oh Becca. He is 11 years old in this picture. He is such a prince. I love him so much.




No comments:

Post a Comment